Experience Level: Senior (15+ years)
Industries: Sports, Special Events, Media
Expertise: Media Services & Operations
Regions: Europe, Middle East
Christina Vasilikou holds a Bachelor in International Tourism & Hospitality Management; a Master’s in Tourism Planning & Development from University of Surrey, UK; and a second Master’s in Sports Management from UTS, Australia.
She has a long experience in the planning and operations of major sporting events. Christina’s highlights include:
- 5 Olympic Games (Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012, Sochi 2014)
- 6 IAAF Diamond League meetings in Doha 2010-2015
- 2015 Men’s World Handball Championship
- 2007 UEFA Champions League Final
- the Greek Bid Committee for the 1st Youth Olympic Games
She has also been actively involved in multi-cultural events and TV shows; including the Eurovision Song Contest 2006; the Opening & Closing Ceremonies of Special Olympics 2011, Lady Gaga’s artRave Concert in Athens 2014; TV and music awards; music events; the ‘Lighting Up the Night’ multi-event in Stavros Niarchos Park 2015, and many more.