CYCLADES TRAVEL & LEARN
Join us for an amazing TRAVEL & LEARN experience in one of the most popular travel destinations in the world Cyclades (Greece) during the Summer of 2017.
Combine your passion for Travel and Sport with Learning through active sport participation and event observation; gain insights from behind the scenes operations, engage with event organisers, while experienced sport and event management professionals support you throughout the process.
Overall Programme Outline
We aim to introduce key concepts and best practices of sport and event management through active learning and fun participation in sport and leisure activities.
In parallel, you will have the opportunity to participate in and observe sport events and cultural activities at the Greek Cycladic Islands.
What is unique about this programme
This programme provides a unique blend of workshops, seminars, sport, leisure, and fun activities designed to enhance your learning and provide you with practical knowledge and skills that you can use in your career.
Location: Cyclades (Paros, Syros, Naxos)
Duration: between 23 June – 14 July 2017
|Part 1||23-28/6||Travel and Learn (Paros and Naxos)|
|Part 2||29/6 – 9/7||International Seminar on E-Journalism, Cultural Content & Creative Economy (Syros)|
|Part 3||10-14-7||Travel and Learn (Paros and Naxos)|
You can participate in either Part 1 or 3 depending on your availability. You can also combine it with Part 2 – which is organised by Panteion University – for more information click here
Outline of Parts 1 & 3
- Would you like to learn more about Sport, Tourism, Culture and Education?
- Do you want to look at sport and event management from Sustainability and Impact perspectives?
- Do you want to get behind the scenes of an event and discover the ins and outs of making it happen?
These are just some of the things we will cover in our Travel and Learn series. Our main objectives are for you to:
Combine your passion for Travel and Sport with Learning through active participation
- Participate in various sporting activities (listed below)
- Get introduced to the world of sports and event management
- Find out more about the practices, challenges, rules, format and culture of different sports
Event observation and insights from behind the scenes operations
- Discover more about the organization of an event from the perspectives of: Sport Tourism, Event Sustainability & Impact, Culture, Education, and Community Engagement
- Observe and participate in exciting local sporting and cultural events
- Engage with event organizers and discover practical and behind the scenes information on how it really works
- Learn more about the role and needs of event stakeholders
Be supported by experienced sport and event management professionals
- Have access to experienced professionals who know this industry inside-out
- Get one to one advice and guidance that is relevant to your particular needs and wants
- Learn about new and emerging career opportunities in this growing field
Get ready for active and fun time !!!
The programme will include activities such as
- Canoe / Kayak
- Snorkeling / Scuba diving
- Cycling (Mountain / Road)
- Beach Volley
- music and cultural exhibitions and events
- visits to historical and iconic places
- boat trips
Note: Exact list of activities with detailed programme scheduled to be published at a later date
Who is this seminar for?
This experiential educational seminar is for those interested in discovering the exciting world of sport and events management combined with tourism, culture and outdoor activities.
It is also recommended for students from various academic disciplines, i.e. those who are studying marketing, branding, communication, management, tourism, culture, community engagement, and/or sustainability and impact.
We believe in experiential education – about linking real-life situations in order to enhance the learning process. That means no boring theory but fun, real, relevant experiences that allow you to observe, reason, problem-solve and construct your own knowledge.
We rely on variety of methods such as activities (individual and group), excursions, event participation/visits, problem solving sessions, group discussions and other.
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Ferry to/from Athens
- Transport to/from programme locations
- Participation to all event activities
- Individual mentoring / coaching sessions
Select either Part 1 or 3 depending on your availability.
If you wish to combine your selection with Part 2 contact us for a quote.
Early Bird Registration
|Part 1 or 3||550 €||450 €|
Special rate for groups of 2 or more: contact us for a quote
- All participants are required to make their own arrangements for travelling to Athens as well as health and accident insurance
- All participants will receive a participation certificate
- Programme is subject to change and/or cancellation. Please do not make any travel arrangements without contacting us
Contact & Registration
For any questions or to register please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org